As I mentioned in my post yesterday, baby bee’s arrival is just around the corner. If I haven’t gone into labor by the 20th, I will have my c-section that morning. Two weeks, baby! And man, I am so ready!
And I don’t just mean that my body is sick and tired of being pregnant, though it is. I also mean that I’m pretty sure it is safe to say that our house is “baby ready.” We’ve gotten to a point where projects can be put on hold, things are organized at least to the point that everything has a temporary home, and I feel it’s presentable to any guests we may have, too. We have worked hard over the past few months to get to this point, and while I’ve shared most, if not all, of the big projects we’ve done, I haven’t shared much, if any, of the small, we are making progress items. Instead, I’ve just shown you the hot mess pictures and have said we are getting there.
Well, today that’s changing! This post is all about the projects and organization that are far from finished or ideal, but are on their way. It’s the behind the scenes stuff that I kind of think of as our “settling in” items.
1) I already showed you the bad lighting picture of our dining room yesterday since we finally got to cleaning that disaster area out. Sadly I never took a before picture to show y’all just how bad it was. I was too embarrassed, and that should tell you something! You guys have seen some pretty bad shots of some of the rooms of our house! :) Let’s just say that the dining room had been a catch all for decor I didn’t know what to do with, all of Tate and my craft and art supplies, books galore, and my “let’s save all things!” collection from junior high and high school, just for starters. We pitched a ton of stuff, and everything left got a home somewhere, even though a lot of items aren’t in their final resting place. Here’s the bad lighting pic again, just for fun:
Progress, people! :)
2) Baby Bee’s closet was a dirty secret I kept from you all. Scandalous, I know. When I showed off her awesome room reveal, there was a reason her closet door was firmly shut and there was no talk of clothes organization. Her clothes were thrown in random, hot mess piles throughout our house. Yep. There were some thrown in her closet, some scattered in the corner of our landing, and still more in the laundry room waiting to be washed or folded. It was bad. Finally though, one Saturday Tate and I brought all the clothes to the landing and did some hardcore sorting:
It was pretty crazy… Tate even lost his clothes in the madness lol!
I’m imagining there will be some adjustments and such once she’s actually here, but her clothes all have proper homes, rather it be in her closet, dresser, or in the downstairs cupboard. Here’s her closet (no longer a dirty secret-yay!):
Yes, this girl has WAY too many clothes! :)
3) I mentioned the downstairs cupboard above, so it makes sense that would be next on my list. In this post, I shared my ah-ha moment of using the bathroom cupboard for the time being even though we have plans in the future for tearing it out to make a door to the deck. Well, it is now fully stocked! The top portion inherited my cleaning supplies, extra toiletries, and other related odds and ends, while the bottom is all things baby. Warning: neither of these pictures are taken when the area was in its ideal state, but whatever! :)
The top portion! I didn’t include my massive pile of cleaning rags just thrown on the top shelf… Oops! :)
This area isn’t as organized as I’d like, but I figure when little girl gets here I will make adjustments to what I store here anyway, so it’ll work for now! :)
4) The laundry room also got a bit of a face lift, partially part if when I had the “duh!” moment that led to me using the above mentioned cabinet. Not long ago, the sad little room looked like this:
It still has a long ways to go, but now it’s at least somewhat organized, which is a step in the right direction! :)
From the same angle- definitely an improvement… Although my dear hubby needs to get my knob hook shelf thing put on my darn command center that has been waiting its addition for ages!
And another angle just ’cause!
5) And last for now, but certainly not least, is the extra bedroom. When we last visited this room Corey and I had impulsively decided to rip out the ugly green carpet:
Lovely carpet, just lovely!
I had shared this photo, showing the lovely hardwood:
Not much has changed really, except the vacuum no longer being there :) and there are now books organized on the book shelf and a comforter on the bed. All of Tate and my craft and art supplies are in one corner of the room waiting to be sorted into the dresser we have in there, but I’m not making it a priority to do that before little miss arrives. I figure we will get there! But here’s a shot of the room still:
Not my best bed making ever- that’s Corey’s job at our house! :)
Obviously we still have plenty of work left. I didn’t even share any shots of the living room, because that hasn’t changed a bit, or the toy room, because though its more organized than it was when we first moved in, it hasn’t changed much either. And let’s not talk about the bathrooms! Still, all in due time! It’s our forever home, after all, so we’ve got plenty of time to get settled! :)